One of the best ways to make a new neighbor feel welcome and informed on the expectations of the neighborhood is to provide them with a welcome packet that is put together by the HOA board. It’s the best way to leave residents with a good first impression and provide them with all of the helpful information they’ll need and want to know. If you’re wondering how to create the perfect HOA welcome packet, we’re here to give you a great place to start.
- Welcome Letter – This is a kind greeting that officially welcomes the resident to the neighborhood. Be sure members of the board sign the letter for a personal touch!
- List of Opportunities – Add a list of committees that the residents can join along with a list of upcoming events that the residents can add to their calendars and get excited about.
- Contact Information – Make sure that new residents know who is on the HOA board, their responsibilities, and how they can be reached. Also include important information that members of the community would want to know, like the gas company, electricity provider, fire department, etc.
- Outline Homeowner and HOA Responsibilities – There can often be confusion on what is covered by the HOA and what the homeowner is responsible for, so outlining the expectations on all obligations will go a long way on clearing up any confusion.
- Amenities and Facilities Information – If your community has a pool, gym, parks, etc., be sure to lay out the rules, hours of operation, and how to obtain keys/codes to access the facilities.
- Local Information – The new residents may be new to the area, and a list of the closest supermarkets, malls, movie theaters, hospitals, schools, etc. may be very helpful in making the residents feel more settled into the neighborhood.
- Rules, Regulations, and Governing Documents – Outlining things like pet restrictions, parking requirements, etc. is crucial to starting off on the right foot with new residents.
The perfect welcome packet may be exactly what your HOA needs to build strong relationships with the community from day one. If your HOA Board needs any help managing your association or any questions about how to help residents in your community, contact Prism Realty Management. Learn about who we are, the services we offer, and our process, then give us a call at 512-676-5842.