As a vibrant city known for its events, activities, and live music, Austin doesn’t disappoint when it comes to things to do in the fall and winter. Whether you’re looking to enjoy some holiday lights, a few great performances, or just need to know where you can find a beautiful Christmas tree, we have it covered in Austin’s ultimate fall and winter holiday bucket list.
- Make a reservation to catch the light show choreographed to match the live music at Mozart’s Coffee Roasters.
- Submerge yourself in an interactive experience presented by Ballet Austin in their “The Nutcracker – Home for the Holidays” show.
- Pick out the perfect Christmas tree at the Elgin Christmas Tree Farm or the Evergreen Farms.
- Catch a holiday film that is sure to get you into the spirit of the season at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. Check out their lineup here.
- Visit the Blue Genie Art Bazaar before it closes on Christmas Eve to pick up some beautiful handmade items from hundreds of artists.
- The Driskill is charming every day, but come the holidays, the lobby is turned into a magical fairytale. The lobby will be lit up on December 1, and this year’s event will be virtual.
- Peppermint Parkway is a holiday drive-thru experience full of dancing elves and holiday lights. Drive alongside Pepper and Mint as they deliver their letters to Santa.
- The “POP! A Rockin Holiday Concert” from the ZACH Theater will have you singing and dancing at this socially distanced and stream-able holiday concert.
- This year’s Austin Trail of Lights is now a drive-thru experience. Over two million lights and dozens of displays make this a holiday event you can’t miss.
- Luminations is Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center’s take on a holiday light show. With thousands of luminarias lighting the way, the Texas Arboretum and the light-splashed forts of Fortlandia make for a one-of-a-kind experience.
Throughout November, December, and January, there are all kinds of events going on to remind us how thankful we are to be a part of such a dazzling city. Be sure to add some of the items from Austin’s ultimate fall and winter holiday bucket list to your calendar this year, and contact Prism Realty for more helpful information on the city as well as how to buy or sell your home.